We have been getting this question more often lately and that is a ...
Why you don't need another Cybersecurity Product
- By Loïc Calvez
- With 0 COMMENTS
Cyber Resilience cannot be achieved by just buying another product and the reason for that is quite simple: you need someone to pay attention 24/7. This is how you keep everything up to date, optimized for the flavour of the month and acted upon when needed.
So, if you don’t have a bench of cybersecurity experts ready to do this, buying another product will not help, but buying a Cybersecurity Service will! Gartner predicts that by 2025, half of the organizations will be using a Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service (not product). If you consider the alternatives, it’s surprising that the number is not higher.
- Option 1: no MDR, this is the surest way to a “business ending event”. If we follow the zero-trust approach and assume that you have (or will be) breached, the faster the detection and response, the better.
- Option 2: an MDR product, if you are a large organization that can attract and retain top talent, this option is possible and is mainly a business decision (is building and retaining a team to leverage a MDR product the best use of your resources).
- Option 3: an MDR service, this way you leverage a partner that has the required expertise, while you focus on what you do best (which is probably not cybersecurity).
The examples above are focused on MDR, but this applies to most cybersecurity product. Also, leveraging a partner like ALCiT (which is not a hardware/software manufacturer) also offers additional benefits:
- We assemble products and services from multiple vendors into one cohesive cybersecurity strategy.
- As the threat landscape and vendor offering changes, we add and remove vendors to improve the overall strategy.
- We offer flexible approaches that allow you tom keep some of the IT functions should you desire to do so.
- Most of our offerings are also available on an “as a Service” model so that you don’t have to wait for a large budget cycle and can become cybersecure today.
If you are not sure where to start, we have some self-assessments available, you can also use some previous blogs to get started such as our Cybersecurity 101 and if you want to get started today, we have our Become Cybersecure Accelerator.